We went to our first appointment with our midwife yesterday at the birth center and were sooo happy that we made the switch. Everything was much less rushed and she gave us so much great information that really meshes well with our birthing plans. If you'd told me a year ago that I would have switched health care providers at this point in my first pregnancy, I would have laughed at you :) But I'm so glad we did it.
As for baby -- I was right about him being head down! Those hiccupy sensations in my bum are in fact hiccups :) Our midwife said that he's very likely to stay head down now since his head is too heavy and awkward for him to really fight gravity to become upright. I mean, that sounds terrible and I would hate to be stuck like that, but I do appreciate him doing what's necessary to help avoid a c-section birth :) John was a little nervous about the stomach squishing that the midwife was doing to find the baby's positioning, but I thought it was awesome... I love knowing how he's positioned. I'm also measuring right on target, so either the other doctors weren't measuring me very carefully or the baby's moved around some, but in any case that's good news that I'm not building up excess fluid or growing a monster baby.
Shower preparations are under way :) I'm very excited to have the chance to see all of these family and friends in one place before the baby is born, since I probably won't have a chance to do so again for several months.
About eight weeks left... my, how time does and doesn't fly at the same time ;)
i'm SO happy you're using a midwife! so much less stress and more excitement :)
ReplyDelete