Tuesday, August 17, 2010

4 months, 1 week -- Teething?!?!

So I've attributed JWF's fussing, drooling, gumming, spitting up behavior to teething for probably over a month now.  But boy is it bad now.  Not so much the fussing, but the buckets of drool and incessant gumming... I found him gumming his playmat's support columns today, and pretty much everything he grabs with his teeny hands makes its way into his mouth and receives a good clamp before he lets it go. 

I never thought I'd say this, but I hope his first teeth pop in soon so we can move on and get back to nursing normally.  Right now he nurses like a maniac who has a love/hate relationship with the boobs, and I sure did feel rejected when he happily gulped down a big bottle of pumped milk before bed last night and tonight after angrily popping on and off of me for a while before.  Of course, he'll happily nurse at 2:30am, 5am... pretty much whenever is most inconvenient for the rest of the fam :)  We're going to the doctor for a checkup on Thursday.  I hope that she says those teeth are coming and not that he's some sort of crazy baby who's becoming a grumpy teen overnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment