I realize that you're pretty strong. In fact, you may be the most physically advanced child I've ever seen in my life. While I will encourage whatever strengths and talents God has given you, I simply can't allow you to pull yourself into a standing position in your crib during every naptime. Yep, that means that I'm going to take away your beloved assistants... your crib bumpers. I'm replacing them with mesh bumpers that collapse when you try to put your weight on them. I was already a "bad mommy" for putting those death traps in your crib to start with, so I get double points for not only taking away your primary method of reaching the crib railing, but also for installing mesh, breathable bumpers and saving you from smothering yourself.
I'm sorry that your crib now looks like those sad ones in the orphan movies. It's kind of boring and, well, white, but you'll be fine. Maybe now you'll take a nap instead of pulling yourself up to chew on the crib railing.
So I think in this battle, I win. I'm still smarter than you are. Well, for now.
Love and kisses,
Mama
Edited to add: The mesh bumpers gave way immediately and he went right along pulling himself up in the crib. Epic fail on my part.
No comments:
Post a Comment