Baby boy is almost 11 months old! He's standing unassisted really well now; in fact, he'll squat to play with toys and then stand right back up. He's barely starting to show interest in taking a step, even assisted, so I think we still have a while before we're walking.
His birthday party invitations arrived this week, which is crazy. We're mailing them to our gigantic family next week, I think, just to give people time to plan. We may even heat the pool in order to have something for people to do, since I refuse to hire a clown for entertainment (my mom's suggestion, of course.) Nor is she getting the chimp she wanted as the greeter. I don't know how serious she was about that one, but given her many years in event planning, I wouldn't have been surprised to see a chimp arrive at my house on April 9th. Sheesh.
My real estate work has gotten pretty busy the last month... I have a closing for a seller this coming week (provided the appraisal went well) and then one, possibly two, at the beginning of April. It's funny that three transactions at a time makes me feel very busy, but hey, I can only get things done in the two naptimes around here, and sometimes those aren't more than 1 hour. One client loves to talk on the phone, even about the tiniest things, so I've given up trying to only take his calls during naptime and now he talks to me while he hears Scout the Dog singing about naming a green monkey after John. Yeah. ;)
I'll come to the party but only if the chimp is allowed too
ReplyDelete