So Monday was John's first birthday! We had a big party on Sunday and he had a blast. Seriously. I've never seen such a young kid enjoy a big party like that.
His birthday brings back so many memories and is truly bittersweet because his babyhood is technically over. I know he looks no different today than he did on Sunday, but he is a very different child now than the one I brought home in the early hours of April 12th of 2010.
There is no one on this planet whose face captures my attention the way his does. I never get tired of looking at his little nose, his bright blue eyes, and that silly little smile (filled with big teeth!) What a honor to be his mama :)
Awwww, happy birthday John and congrats to you guys for a successful first year :)
ReplyDeleteps the second year is even more fun!