So I've really "popped" in the last couple of weeks, and I've noticed that my belly button is making a gradual disappearance. I (ignorantly) thought that this would be a sudden, overnight kind of thing, but no, it's definitely been gradual. So far I have like 20% of it left as an innie, but I'm sure that'll be over with soon. I'll miss my belly button, and I hope it makes its return post-baby. I've read some stories of women who were left with very misshapen buttons, and that's something I hope to avoid.
We've signed up for Bradley method childbirth classes that will start in January. I figured we wouldn't have to start them until February or so, but apparently then I'd run the risk of going into labor prior to finishing the class (it's an 8 week course) and that certainly would defeat the whole point of taking a class. I've also scheduled my first coach sub... John's out of town one of the weekends of our class, so my mom will step in that day. That got me thinking -- should I see about a real coach sub for the big day? Like, what if John can't make it in time because of something? Should I try to line up a family member who can take his spot for that time? I'm pretty sure if I'm left to my own devices during labor, there will be much destruction in my path. Probably because I'll deny that I'm actually in labor until it's too late and I'll end up having the baby in my backyard or something. Seriously, this is a concern... I hate hospitals. If I'd thought any of this through, I probably would have considered a birth center. Sure, most of them are like a block from the hospital, but at least I would know that I wasn't actually in the hospital. I'm crazy, I know.
Apparently my uterus is measuring a week ahead of schedule. For those who haven't had the pleasure of having their uterus measured on the outside with a tape measure, this highly technical method states that the number of centimeters from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus correlates with the number of weeks you are in your pregnancy. Since I still have trouble finding the top of my uterus, I just figured it was right above my belly button or so at almost 22 weeks. Well, the doctor found my uterus yesterday (and made me feel it too, but I lost it again) and I'm a week ahead of schedule. So that's interesting. John had spoken to the baby a few nights ago and asked him to be born on April 3rd, which is a special day for his family, and it seems like this baby may be doing his best to oblige ;)
Other than that, friends, we're cruisin' along. Probably another 17 weeks or so to go :)
No comments:
Post a Comment