Thursday, January 14, 2010

28 weeks -- what is he DOING in there??

The www.babycenter.com email that I get every week says that I have 84 days to go now.  That seems like a long time and a short time at the same time! Ah! We have all of the crib components up now, though my mom insists that I need to iron the crib sheets before I can put one on the mattress.  My response is to just not put one on the mattress until after I have my shower and hopefully get a mattress pad. Hmph. :) I registered for a glider... I was pretty disappointed that there weren't more to try out at Babiesrus, but oh well.

Speaking of registries, I'm a little concerned that I'm not registering for everything I actually need.  I know I won't get everything as a gift, but we do get a discount if it's on the registry and isn't purchased for us.  I heart discounts :) I guess I need to add more things to take advantage of that.

We started our childbirth classes this past Sunday.  It was pretty interesting, and now I have this exercises to do everyday to prepare for the birth.  I think it may be problematic, though, that I get a little queasy thinking about what exactly is going to be happening... especially when the lady is talking about pelvic bones and arches, stretching and tearing various pieces of skin and muscle, etc.  I mean, I understand that this happens, but a part of me wishes I could prepare without having to think about the biological aspects of it.  It makes my knees weak. 

As for baby, he's moving around all the time, but I'm pretty sure he's running out of space.  That would explain the weird "elbow pushing along the inside of your stomach" or "pool ball slowly rolling around your skin" sensation I get nowadays.  I've also started to get charlie horse leg cramps, usually around ten minutes before I'm supposed to wake up.  I throw off the blankets, yelping the whole time, and try to walk it off.  When John first suggested that I walk them off, I thought he was being rude, but then I realized that it does in fact work better than trying to massage that terrible cramp out of my leg. 

I suppose that's it for now :) I start going to the doctor every two weeks starting this coming Tuesday.  Super fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment