This is how 99% of my conversations with people other than John are going now:
-- Yes, I'm still pregnant. No, I don't know when he's coming. No, I'm not really worried that my due date has passed. No, there aren't twins in there. No, I'm not very comfortable nowadays. No, he doesn't seem to care if being born would have gotten you a day off from work this week. Yes, I promise to call when he's born. Yes, I'll let you know if I need anything. I'm very sorry that you're on pins and needles and it's all you can think about. UGH. --
I don't get why people think it's perfectly acceptable to harass pregnant women who are full term about when the baby is coming. Modern science has yet to figure out a truly precise way to figure out when these little miracles are going to occur, so why on earth would you think that I have that kind of info? I'm not trying to hide his birth from you, and I'm sorry that my failure to "deliver the goods" leaves you on "pins and needles" so you can't sleep. Ugh.
As you can tell, I'm frustrated. Mostly because I've been in "prelabor" since Easter Sunday and having several hours of unfun contractions each night that don't lead to anything is maddening, but also because people have lost all of their self-control when it comes to this baby. And I can't really vent to anyone except John because everyone means well and would be so offended if I told them to leave me alone and that if I don't answer the house phone, that doesn't mean you should call my cell and text me or John over and over until you get an answer from us.
Please, dear child, come soon. Mommy's losing her sanity.
Thanks to those who do call and text and email about things unrelated to the fact that I've got a watermelon wedged in my pelvis. You are lifesavers and I promise to be equally nice to you whenever you get into this position ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment