We officially have a cruiser in this house. He's currently playing in his "play yard", wrestling this inflatable penguin to the ground. This child is freakishly strong, so occasionally I see him standing up with a heavy-ish toy in his hands, shaking it. It's pretty funny to watch :)
We have to go to the doctor today to get his second dose of the flu shot. Why so late in the season, you ask? Well, I didn't feel comfortable giving it to him at his six month appointment since he was getting approximately 2356262 other vaccines at the same time, so we waited until the nine month appt. Speaking of doctor's visits, I'm so angry at the lab where our doctor sends us for bloodwork. Long story short, John suffered through three separate venipunctures at the hands of a very incompetent (at least child-wise) phlebotomist. He ended up with a horrible bruise that took over a week to go away. I took a picture of it so I can show his ped. Ugh. He was such a trooper and barely cried; I was the one who was traumatized by it! Maybe things have changed since I was a young child, but they didn't do venipuncture on infants for routine testing like that when I was little.
On to happier things -- we're very excited that Biz is coming to visit this coming weekend, and that Laura is probably coming to visit in the next few weekends, too!
JW is playing a toy car right now... he really looks like a toddler. I think I'm going to cry. Lol it wouldn't be the first time I've cried this week, since I shed a few tears after giving him a tiny trim and I put his little hair in a baggie in his baby book. That act is a little creepy, I'll admit, but I figured he might want it one day lol.
the hair thing cracked me up. i gave jp his first hair cut the week of his second birthday (yeah i know, late) then i stood there for a second trying to decide whether i was supposed to keep the TINY amount of hair i trimmed from the back, so i figured better safe than sorry and put it in a baggie to keep with his other keepsakes. the box now contains his hospital bracelet, some cards from showers, a hat, and 20 or so strands of human hair. no, that's not weird at all...
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete