Monday, October 26, 2009

16.5 weeks

Well, my exile from the practice of law is abruptly coming to an end. I got a call from the hiring partner at my firm last Wednesday, who asked if I could come back November 1st. I'm sooo glad to be going back, mainly because I was worried about starting work at 30 weeks pregnant and only getting in a few weeks before having to take maternity leave.

So, the 16-weeker and I went maternity clothes shopping. I desperately need stuff that fits and is appropriate for work. Apparently, maternity stores sell neither. It was really frustrating to only find random tops and such that don't fit or "work clothes" that are made out of disgusting, jersey-knit type fabrics that are not appropriate for most law firm jobs. Seriously, I can make myself a blazer out of my old college sheets, too, but I'm pretty sure my firm won't be too pleased letting me out of my office looking like that. Sheesh.

Luckily I have a few suits that I bought last year prior to losing some weight this summer, so they fit for the most part. With the help of some friends via gchat, I also ordered some dresses from Target that seem to have enough stretch in them to work for a while. No pun intended ;)

John and I went to look at a house yesterday, and when we told the lady there that we are expecting, she seriously couldn't believe that I'm almost halfway through the pregnancy. Like jaw was on the floor. I guess I'm smaller than average for this point? I don't know. I'm trying not to worry about that and I'm sure the baby is fine.. perhaps just hidden a bit ;)

I can't wait to see ND friends this coming weekend!! It's going to be so great :)

Next doctor's appointment is next Tuesday -- keep your fingers crossed that we can find out if it's a boy or girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment