Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The flu shot saga

So the little voice in my head has been nagging me to figure out where to get my flu shot. I called my OB yesterday to ask where I could get one, assuming that they had some in the office for we pregnant folks. The nurse practitioner suggested I check out the local Walgreens. Well, they were out, so they suggested Randalls, a nearby grocery store. After checking to make sure they had some (they said they had PLENTY), John and I went over there in the rain last night to get the regular flu shot.

I'm not sure what kind of training pharmacists receive in giving injections, but I learned a valuable lesson. If a pharmacist asks you which of the two of you wants to go first, do NOT offer. Let the other person be her guinea pig and you go second. Because yesterday I went first and felt as though I'd been harpooned. I've never been one to complain about shots, but this one hurt like nothing I've had before. John, of course, said that his didn't hurt at all.

Let's just say I'm looking for another grocery store to give me my swine flu shot in the next few weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment