As I sat in the front row of the church on Saturday, waiting for the celebration mass to begin for John's aunt, a lady who I'd met before but didn't remember came up to me to say hello. While we were exchanging the usual greetings, I noticed that she kept squinting her eyes and kind of glaring at me. Weirded out, I asked her if everything was okay. She was silent for a few moments before she asked me, "Are you pregnant?" I figured that someone had probably told her (God knows that word travels fast in families) so I said yes. She then replied, "I knew it. Your face is different, and I can always tell a pregnancy from that. In fact, you're going to have a girl, because no offense, your nose has spread out and gotten bigger." With that, she went back to her seat on other side of the church.
Later, though, I found out that she hadn't known about the baby prior to making her gender prediction or other observations about my face. Her sister knew, but she had kept it a secret because she didn't know if we were telling people yet. Weird huh?
Today I go to the doctor again. I'm slightly disappointed because I know that I won't get an ultrasound, but at least I get to hear the heartbeat :) Perhaps the doctor will show me where my uterus is, because despite Nicole trying to help me find it via emailed instructions, I couldn't do it. I'm the worst doctor ever.
More to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment