Monday, March 29, 2010

38.5 weeks -- we're still a "we"

Despite lots of "practice" contractions and a variety of other early labor signs, I'm still pregnant.  I haven't grown much in the last week or so, which is normal, and I'm hoping I just stay this size.  I've learned to manage at this size... any larger of a watermelon belly and I may fall over.

I've been trying to figure out what will be the best way to get the news out of his birth once he does arrive.  While I know that there are people in my life who would be really annoyed to hear the news secondhand (or thirdhand, or whatever), I can't imagine being in a position to remember who requires a phone call and who would be okay with just a text or an email.  So I think people will hear as they hear. :)

I think I may be asked to be checked tomorrow at my appointment.  While some women moan and groan about these checks, I've only had one, it didn't really hurt or anything, and I'm just curious to see if I've made any progress over the last three weeks.  I know that it doesn't really mean anything either way, since I could go from no progress to newborn baby in the same evening, but I just like to know things ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment