So just as I waited forever to get anything done with regard to my wedding, I think that it's appropriate that I didn't start this thing until nearly the end of my first trimester. Let's remember, people, that while I am pregnant, I'm still me.
So I'm using this thing to record the ridiculous things that I think and say over the course of my "journey," mainly because Laura told me I have to write this stuff down because it makes her laugh. I hope it's more because I'm funny and not because my life makes everyone else's seem so much better by comparison, but hey, whatever works ;)
So here we are. Let's round through the symptoms I've had present today:
-- bloating
-- cramps
-- horribly sore boobs
-- hunger pangs so powerful that they make my stomach hurt (related: I eat, fill up, and then become starving again in about an hour.)
-- weird taste in my mouth that appeared out of nowhere
Baby-related things I've done today:
We went to BabiesRUs today (I *hate* the stupid backwards R) to look for an infant car seat. You may be wondering why on earth we felt compelled to buy a baby seat now when our fetus is still only the size of a grape (according to babycenter.com). Well, John's looking into a new car and wanted to make sure that the seat base would fit in the backseat. So obviously the way to figure this out is to buy a seat and take the base with us tomorrow when we test drive some cars. Putting that ridiculous reasoning aside, let's talk about our trip to this store.
We go in, armed with our consumer reports list of best seats, and start to try some out. We're in the middle of a group of very obviously pregnant women and their significant others, who are also checking out car seats. I felt pretty weird shopping in this group, since I have no bump to speak of and here we were, comparing the merits of a travel system versus a separate seat and stroller. Then, once we found one that we liked, we noticed that another couple was eyeing the same one. No big deal, except that there was only one left. So what do we do? We swipe the giant box and walk away with it to the registers, leaving that couple, who would obviously use the darn thing much sooner than we will, having to look at other ones. Tsk tsk. But we're now the proud owners of a travel system that cost less than the flippin' car seat on its own :) It's brown with bits of lime green. I'm not entirely sure that I love the colors, but then again, the baby's going to make a mess of it anyway.
Did you know that everything used for babies, like, isn't useable for the next one if it's born over a year or so later? I'm sure I'm exaggerating, but apparently car seats and the like expire. That's ridiculous. I guess I'm going to end up spending a billion dollars at this stuff each time because I'm not having babies like Michelle Duggar just to make sure that I get the full value of my first travel system.
weird taste in your mouth = heartburn, i think. hopefully you have figured this out independently by now and have invested in a very large bottle of tums. i didn't realize throat pain/weird taste meant HEARTburn until someone described it like that to me about three months in. fortunately it goes away before you finish chewing the tablets, and tums is a good source of calcium. :)
ReplyDelete