Friday, September 11, 2009

Ten weeks

So, friends, I'm now 25% done with this pregnancy. Yesterday I noticed that my queasy reaction to my fridge wasn't as pronounced, so maybe that little side effect is going away. I'm still pretty tired, and I'm very upset by the fact that my bras don't fit very well, but overall I shouldn't complain because I've had a very easy 10 weeks. Let's hope the last three weeks of this trimester don't make me regret that last statement.

So I measured my chest yesterday and I'm horrified to think that I'm now at 34DD. What happened to going up to like 36D or 38D first? And if they keep growing, what do I do then?! I asked John to help me with the straps of one of my sports bras (I sleep in them because the crushing they'd get otherwise is unbearable) and he told me that he had some bad news... they were as loose as they could be, and he still couldn't make them comfortable. Sob. So I guess it's off to Target today. I refuse to buy a nice bra that won't fit in a few weeks. What if my chest gets so big that it blocks my face?! This could get tricky really quickly.

I also decided to assault my eyes with pictures of large pregnant bellies and post-partum bellies. Usually these types of images make my knees weak and I feel sick thinking about them, but I think it's time to toughen up. It's very difficult, but I'm learning. I'm still horrified that I'm going to get that large, but there's nothing I can do about it now :)

Let's pause for a moment and think about how upsetting it is that the baby will be so cramped inside of my uterus. I hate thinking about how once he gets too big, he just can't really move, and he has to stay in certain positions (like upside down) for long periods of time. The thought of being inside of something and unable to move makes me freak out, so I (naturally) freak out now for the baby. I feel bad for him! I'm too small to give him a huge, olympic sized uterus to be free in. John has to calm me down when I start to think about how he'll be stuck in there like that. (Shiver)

I moved my doctor's appointment from Tuesday to Monday. I did it because John wants to go, just in case they do another ultrasound and we get to see the baby move around (often happens at this point, though I can't feel it yet.) I'm pretty sure the nurse thought that I was lying when I said I was moving it because he wanted to go... she's probably like "sure, blame it on your husband, you crazy pregnant woman who just wants to see her baby one day earlier." Ooh well. At least I know I wasn't lying :)

No comments:

Post a Comment